Creating a greater culture of unity rooted in the values of St. Francis
The Sylvania Franciscan Village is an initiative created by the Sylvania Franciscan Leadership and their sponsored ministries in 2009 to create a greater culture of unity rooted in the values of St. Francis.
Deeply rooted in the values of St. Francis of Assisi, the Franciscan Village strives to:
- Through our Wellness Initiative, we promote, nurture, celebrate and reverence the wholeness of each person we serve. All those impacted through this initiative find fullness of life.
For more information, http://sylvaniafranciscanvillage.org/
Member Organizations in Sylvania Franciscan Village
Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio
Called like Francis of Assisi to live the Gospel in joyful servanthood among all people, the sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio, as messengers of peace, commit themselves to works that reverence human dignity, embrace the poor and marginalized, and respect the gift of all creation.
Rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, Lourdes University provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of liberal arts and professional studies.
Sylvania Franciscan Ministries
The health and human services ministry of the Sylvania Franciscans includes:
- Bethany House, a long-term shelter for victims of domestic violence
- Sophia Center, counseling for children, adolescents and adults
- Rosary Care Center, a skilled nursing facility
- Our Lady of Grace, an assisted living facility
- Convent Park apartments for senior citizens