Placing our individual gifts and talents in service to the needs of God’s people.
The Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio respond to God’s call to live the Gospel in joyful servanthood among all people through lives and ministries that reverence human dignity, embrace the poor and marginalized, and respect the gift of all creation.
Placing our individual gifts and talents in service to the needs of God’s people, we are engaged in such diverse ministries as education, health care, social services, religious education, media, law, art, parish and retreat ministries, and spiritual direction.
Our sponsored ministries include:
- Sylvania Franciscan Ministries—Health and Human Services
- Bethany House, a long-term shelter for victims of domestic violence
- Sophia Center, counseling for children, adolescents and adults
- Rosary Care Center, a skilled nursing facility
- Our Lady of Grace, an assisted living facility
- Convent Park apartments for senior citizens.
- Lourdes University—Higher Education