“Called like Francis of Assisi to live the Gospel in joyful servanthood among all people, the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio, as messengers of peace, commit themselves to works that reverence human dignity, embrace the poor and marginalized, and respect the gift of all creation.”
Mission Statement of the Sisters of St. Francis, Sylvania
The Sisters of St. Francis, Sylvania, Ohio are Third Order Regular Franciscans, living in community as vowed religious according to the spirit and example of Francis of Assisi. As women of peace and seekers of justice, we are committed to serving God’s people through diverse ministries in 9 Dioceses in seven states.
The Sisters of St. Francis are inviting applicants for the position of Receptionist. This position is responsible for greeting all visitors and properly directing them to the appropriate location, and advising staff when an appointment arrives. This position also performs various clerical tasks such as answering and directing incoming calls, completing data entry, scheduling meeting rooms, maintaining the room reservation calendar, sending e-mails; and providing accurate information to routine inquiries from employees, vendors, and visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Promote values of the Sisters of St. Francis by demonstrating behavior supportive of a commitment to the mission.
• Greeter – friendly, helpful and knowledgeable of the campus when visitors present to the Reception Desk.
• Answer all incoming phone calls to the main campus number for the Sisters of St. Francis with a command of all the telephone functions to properly connect the caller to the correct party.
• Check Voice Mail Messages left on the main phone line and deliver messages to the proper person(s) via forwarding the phone call utilizing the telephone distribution list.
• Convey a professional business etiquette to all callers/visitors in both appearance and in conversation.
• Provide general information about the campus when inquiries are received.
• Light computer work – competent in Microsoft Office Outlook, WORD and EXCEL.
• Maintain the room scheduling calendar for meeting rooms requested by the SOSF staff and/or Lourdes University staff, which includes sending IT Requests Forms when appropriate.
• Assist with room reservation requests and room set-ups for SOSF Administration meetings.
• Sign for the delivery of packages and notifying recipient(s) of arrival.
• Operate the photocopier efficiently and assist others when problems arise.
• Back-up for sorting mail.
• Ordering office supplies and maintaining accurate records of all orders.
• Exercise discretion in the performance of assigned duties; complying with all SOSF policy protocol.
• Other duties as assigned to include Administrative support.
• Associates degree in Secretarial Technology or related field required, Associates Degree-Secretarial Science Track or Certificate preferred.
• Minimum of five years of general office experience required, five or more years of experience as a receptionist supporting several offices and ancillary staff preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Must accept, promote and support the values, charism and mission of the Sisters of St. Francis.
• Must exhibit professional attitude in attire, working space and interpersonal communications.
• Keep reception area (desk and surrounding area) neat and clutter-free.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word and Excel.
• Ability to stay focused through the distractions of the phone and visitors in public spaces within the parameters of the reception area.
• Professional oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend direction and information.
• Ability to follow direction.
• Attention to detail.
• Willingness to be a team player and work with the SOSF staff.
• Open reception area – desk, phone, computer
• Normal reception area with frequent interruptions
• Hours/Work Days: 40 hrs. per week – Monday through Friday
Submit resume, cover letter, & three professional references in MS Word format to email@example.com on or before 08/23/19. EOE.