Regina Spirituality Center
Regina Spirituality Center
Located on the Motherhouse grounds of the Sisters of St. Francis, Sylvania, Ohio, Regina Spirituality Center is a place for groups and individuals from all walks of life and faith traditions. The Center provides a place of prayer, personal development and educational formation.
Our 89 acre campus is clothed with flower gardens, evergreens and trees of all species. There are numerous shrines as well as the Portiuncula Chapel (modeled after the original in Assisi, Italy). An outdoor Way of the Cross is a feature of the Canticle of Praise Prayer Garden. Our outdoor environment proclaims our reverence for nature.
The Regina Center is designed for daytime meetings like:
- Ecumenical group meetings or prayer services
- Workshops or business meetings
- School, parish, or organizational strategic planning
- Numerous shrines dedicated to St. Francis
and St. Clare
- Paths for walking (no bicycles please)
- Canticle of Praise Prayer Garden with Stations of the Cross, pond, and places for reflection
- Portiuncula Chapel, small chapel modeled after the original in Assisi, Italy
- Queen of Peace Chapel
- Daily Eucharist options
A large accessible meeting room is suitable for group meetings or retreats, educational workshops, parishes/congregations, or organizational strategic planning.
Tables are available; seating capacity varies according to the needs of each group.
Some technology options and limited assistance with technology can be requested.
Sliding scale depending on the number of attendees.
- Groups may wish to use local catering companies.
- Going to the Lourdes University Grille/LU Cafe is an option.
- A list of local restaurants is available.
Are you looking for a place of quiet for prayer and reflection? The Hermitages of the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania offer an opportunity to get away, be still and know that God loves you infinitely. In the spirit of St. Francis, the Hermitages provide a setting for contemplation and renewal.
Nestled among the pine trees on the beautiful 89-acres of the Sylvania Franciscan Sisters’ campus, one can find peace and tranquility in the surrounding beauty of nature. The Hermitages are located just minutes from Toledo, Ohio, north of I-475 and west of I-23.
The two hermitages, name La Verna, after the Italian city where St. Francis received the stigmata, and San Damiano, after a church near Assisi, Italy, where St. Francis heard the call of God, are identical, full service log hermitages built by the Amish in 1998.
Open year round, each includes:
- Complete kitchen with stove, microwave
- Sitting area with easy chair, desk and lamps.
- Sleeping area with double bed, dresser, chair and nightstand (linens provided).
- Bathroom with shower (towels provided).
- Screened porch and swing.
- Heated by a gas-log stove or central furnace and cooled by air conditioning and fans.
- One cabin (La Verna) is handicap accessible.
The grounds offer a variety of prayerful stations to enhance your contemplative stay:
- Canticle of Praise Prayer Garden with walking paths, a pond, Stations of the Cross, Isaac’s Altar, and benches for resting.
- Portiuncula Chapel (Little portion)—a small chapel modeled after the 12th century chapel that Francis often used; separate reading room attached.
- Our Lady Queen of Peace Chapel
- Numerous shrines amid the walking paths.
- Length of stay can be as short as one day or as long as six. Extended stays can be arranged on a case-by-case basis.