Creating a greater culture of unity rooted in the values of St. Francis
The Sylvania Franciscan Village is an initiative created by the Sylvania Franciscan Leadership and their sponsored ministries in 2009 to create a greater culture of unity rooted in the values of St. Francis.
Deeply rooted in the values of St. Francis of Assisi, the Franciscan Village strives to:
Member Organizations in Sylvania Franciscan Village
Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio
Called like Francis of Assisi to live the Gospel in joyful servanthood among all people, the sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania, Ohio, as messengers of peace, commit themselves to works that reverence human dignity, embrace the poor and marginalized, and respect the gift of all creation.
Sylvania Franciscan Ministries
The health and human services ministry of the Sylvania Franciscans includes:
- Bethany House, a long-term shelter for victims of domestic violence
- Sophia Center, counseling and academic testing/evaluations for children, adolescents and adults
- Rosary Care Center, a skilled nursing facility
- Our Lady of Grace, an assisted living facility
- Convent Park apartments for senior citizens