Director of the Sylvania Franciscan Village
The Sylvania Franciscan Village is the purposeful expression of the Sylvania Franciscans and their sponsored ministries, formed to harness energies for the greater good and benefit of those who share the Franciscan mission.
The Sylvania Franciscan Village (SFV) invites men and women of faith to consider the position of Director of the Sylvania Franciscan Village. The Director coordinates Village activities and interacts with all of the Sylvania Franciscan ministries creating an environment and opportunities for uncommon, multigenerational, cross-discipline experiences resulting in a greater sense of community and relationship on the campus and beyond. This is a full-time position that works in collaboration with the Sisters of St. Francis and the Village Leadership Team.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with all those who are part of the SFV.
- Explore and initiate opportunities for promoting Village efforts.
- Encourage uncommon interconnections between SFV ministries.
- Maintain and grow basic Village offerings throughout the year.
- Seek out ways to strengthen ties with broader community and sisters in non-Sylvania ministries.
- Facilitate SFV Leaders’ meetings.
- Meet regularly with executives of Village member organizations and continue to seek out ways to collaborate with constituents of all member organizations.
- Oversee and coordinate the campus environmental (Green Fund) initiative.
- Lead the SFV Wellness Initiative through the oversight of wellness steering committee and multiple diverse subcommittees.
- Strengthen relationships with Village member organizations and focus on multigenerational activities.
- Promote and market SFV activities, lectures and events.
- Communicate to the broader community the vision, mission and work of the SFV.
- Seek out funding in the form of grants, donations, bequests, etc. in support of the SFV.
- Publish monthly SFV newsletter and calendar.
- Must be a person of Catholic faith who knows and understands Franciscan values and charism.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills are required.
- Broad visionary skills are required as well as the tactical skills necessary to implement the vision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be outgoing, relational and have the ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiently with MS Office applications is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
For additional information on the Sylvania Franciscan Village please visit our website located at: http://www.sylvaniafranciscanvillage.org/
To apply, send cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, and a personal statement regarding your vision for the Village (all in MS Word or .pdf format only) to Scott Simon, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.